The AHA ACLS Instructor Course is geared towards those at least 18 years of age who are licensed or certified in a healthcare occupation where the skills are within the provider’s scope of practice. It is recommended that ACLS Instructor Candidates have a strong understanding of ACLS and BLS Provider, prior to attempting to join this course. Potential candidates must be able to interpret cardiac rhythms and cardiac pharmacology for this type of AHA Instructor Online course.
PROCESS OF BECOMING AN ACLS INSTRUCTOR:
- Be accepted by an AHA Training Center (TC) prior to enrolling in the Instructor Course and have a completed Instructor Candidate Application on file with that Training Center
- Have current American Heart Association ACLS Provider Card and be proficient in all the skills.
- Prior to class complete the ACLS Instructor Essentials Online and print the Certificate of Completion
- Successfully complete the ACLS classroom Instructor Course
Classroom Course Content
- Overview of American Heart Association’s 2020 Guidelines
- Navigating Instructor Network
- Instructor Materials and Equipment
- Organizing and Teaching Course
- Written Exam/ Skills Testing
- Training Center Specifics
- HeartCode ACLS and Blended Learning; how to conduct skills
- Successfully complete being monitored teaching an ACLS Course within three (3) months of completing the classroom Instructor Course
- Have a current American Heart Association ACLS Provider Card and be proficient in all the skills.
- Complete the ACLS Instructor Essentials Online and print the Certificate of Completion to the Instructor class.
- American Heart Association requires Instructor Candidates to align with an authorized Training Center that is accepting new Instructors when signing up for an Instructor Course. Code 3 Life Training Center automatically aligns all Instructors who take Code 3 Life’s Instructor Courses.
- If the Instructor is aligned with another Training Center, please inform Code 3 Life Training Center in advance and bring a completed Instructor Candidate Application to class signed by that Training Center’s Training Center Coordinator.
- All ACLS Instructors aligning with Code 3 Life must also be aligned as BLS Instructors
Completion of the Instructor Essentials Course is required to become an AHA Instructor.
The ACLS Instructor Essentials Online is the self-directed, online portion of the ACLS Instructor Essentials blended learning Course. Course content covers steps for becoming an AHA ACLS Instructor and steps of the instruction cycle: Prepare, Teach, Test & Remediate, Close, and Keep Current. This course includes core information about instructing AHA ACLS Provider courses, followed by course-specific information.
The ACLS Instructor Essentials Course is designed to prepare instructor candidates to teach AHA Instructor-led and blended learning ACLS Provider courses. It educates instructor candidates on how to use AHA Instructor teaching materials, ensure that students meet learning objectives, offer student coaching skills, provide an objective skills performance evaluation, and follow AHA Instructor and course policies. The course covers core content and discipline-specific content required to teach AHA courses.
Instructor status is granted and an Instructor card is issued after the Instructor successfully completes the Instructor Course and demonstrates teaching skills while being monitored during an ACLS Provider or ACLS Provider Update Course. The monitoring must take place within three (3) months of the ACLS Instructor Course at either of Code 3 Life’s locations. If the Instructor is aligned with another Training Center, monitoring will be done and Instructor Card issued by that Training Center.
Once you purchase the Instructor Essentials online course, we will send you the activation code and instructions by email within 24-48 hours. When you have finished online course, please print your certificate and call our office to schedule the in person skills; 866-906-0090.
Please note, once you purchase an online course, there will be no refunds or transfers of credit whether you complete the course or not.
Fee Includes: Instructor Essentials Online Course and Instructor Manual
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.